Dear St. Joseph School Families,
Welcome to the 2016-17 school year! We hope that you are as excited about this coming year as we are. The administration, faculty, and staff are excited to return and be of service to you and your children. As a Catholic school, our faith comes first and as parents, you are the primary educators. We sincerely look forward to walking with you in your ministry as parents. To this end, you are always welcome and encouraged to join us for school Mass each Wednesday at 9:00am
We extend a warm welcome to all of our newly registered school families! Please feel free to reach out to those around you should you have questions or concerns. Thanks to all for your investment in Catholic education. It’s going to be a fantastic year!
Much appreciation to the following faculty/staff for their dedication and service to SJS as we wish them God’s blessings in their future endeavors:
- Mr. Jerry Bass
- Mrs. Myra Book
- Mr. Chris Kordsmeier
- Mrs. Linda Kordsmeier
- Mrs. Monica Lieblong
- Mr. Joe Mallett
- Mr. Jeff Shachmut
Help us welcome our new faculty and staff this year:
- Mrs. Morgan Bacon-Third Grade
- Ms. Alexandria McVay-Family/Consumer Science
- Mrs. Kristine Piraino-Spanish
- Mrs. Jamie Porcaro-Pre-School
- Ms. Jessie Ross-Girl’s Coach/Health
- Mr. Kyle Zinno-HS Religion
- After School Program Open House: Sunday, Aug. 14th @ 3:30-5:00pm
- First Day of School: Monday, Aug. 15th
- First School Mass:Wednesday, Aug. 18th @ 9:00am
Tuesday, August 9thKindergarten Orientation 8:30-10:00am
Uniform required for K orientation
Elementary Parent Orientation
(Elementary Cafeteria)6:00-7:30pm K-3 students drop off supplies
Uniform required for K-3 orientation
Wednesday, August 10thMiddle School Parent Orientation
Middle School student orientation occurs
on 1st day of school
MS students should bring supplies on the
first day of school
Thursday, August 11thPreschool Parent Orientation
(Preschool Classrooms)6:00-7:00pm Half day students
7:00-8:00pm Full day students
Friday, August 12th 7-12 Student Orientations:
(Parish Hall) 8:00am 7th grade
9:00am8th, 9th, 10th, 11th grades
Uniform required for 7-12 orientation
Tuesday, August 16th 7th-12th Parent Orientation
(Parish Hall)6:30pm (Bring your child’s classroom schedule)
- Thanks to many hardworking people for helping us move furniture, paint, & create shiny clean spaces for our students to learn in this year!
- After School Program gym has a new facelift thanks to the hard work of Cory Strack and crew as he works toward his Eagle Scout rank.
- Bazaar: THANK YOU to all who are assisting with the upcoming Bazaar!
- Thanks to HOOKS, we have added new iPads, sync cart, iPad cases, document cameras, smart boards, books, library media center materials, new carpet in both elementary & MS media centers, elementary stage and parish hall carpet, 2nd/3rd grade bookshelves, kitchen freezer, logo entry rugs, and more!
- St. Joseph School APP - Don’t Miss Out! It’s FREE! Get our free app on Apple or Google Play. Search “stjosephconwayar” to get the free download.
- Sync your calendar to school events
- Lunch menu at your fingertips
- Text options for instant reminders
- Choose notifications you want
- Access athletic events, news, documents, & teacher websites
- SJS web site www.stjosephconway.org
- Faculty/Staff email contact information
- Class syllabus
- Student/Parent Handbook
- Comprehensive school calendar of events
- Summer Reading Lists
- Supply Lists (Office Depot donates a percentage back to SJ. Please tell them at the register to credit your purchase to SJS.)
- 1:1 Learning Devices: Fall 2016 all 4th-12th students will be required to bring a chromebook or laptop each day with a charger & earbuds.
- RenWeb:We are converting to a new database and will no longer use Edline as our source for online grades. Separate information will be coming to explain how you can setup your parent account to check your child’s grades on RenWeb.
- All financial obligations dueby 8:30am on July 29th. Families not current will not be enrolled for the 2016-17 school year.
- SJS BAZAAR:August 5th & 6th -Dinner, Midway, Live & Online Auctions
- TAX EXEMPT HOLIDAY: Saturday, Aug. 6th and Sunday, Aug. 7th (Click link for details)
- FORMS:Go Green!All forms will be emailed from Mrs. Heathscott with instructions on how to electronically update and return family forms.
- E-MAIL:This is our primary source of communication. Make sure your email address is updated. Notify Mrs. Heathscott firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not receiving email from school.
- TEXT MESSAGES: Schoolwide texts will be sent from the App. If you are not receiving texts or want to be removed from the text message list, contact the middle school office. 327-1204
- VIRTUS:Safe Environment Education training required for all volunteers. Training dates/online webinars will be communicated as they are scheduled by the parish.
- PTO:Open to all parents. Our board is searching for you! Watch at orientations for ways you can get involved with our PTO and the events they sponsor. We will be asking for 2 room mothers for each class K-6 to help in event planning.
- FLEA MARKET:We need volunteers!! Th-F we need cashiers & baggers. The Flea Market provided $375,000 for our 2016-17 budget to help keep tuition as low as possible for everyone. This equals $830.00 per student to offset yearly tuition costs.
- UNIFORM ADDITIONS: We have added charcoal grey and bulldog purple options for polo shirts K-12 as well as the option to wear khaki bottoms K-12. No old school logos allowed and plain white/black/navy socks required. More info coming.
We applaud your commitment to Catholic education.
An advantage for a lifetime!