St. Joseph Faith Formation
1115 College Avenue Conway, AR 72032
(501) 327 6568 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Parents of First Communicants,
Our First Communion celebration is quickly approaching! Enclosed you will find important information about the First Communion Retreat and Ceremony, please read carefully!
First Communion Retreat: Friday, April 22nd—Parish Hall
● First Communion Retreat--Friday, April 22nd from 6:30PM-8:30PM in the Parish Hall
● One parent should attend the retreat per child
● Bring your child’s completed banner to this retreat
● Your child will get to “practice” for the sacrament by receiving unconsecrated host and wine
● Please be ready to sign up for the Mass your child (and family) will be attending First Communion Weekend (
First Communion Pictures: Wednesday, April 27th--Church
● Professional photographs will be taken on April 27th starting at 6:00PM in the Church. Attached to this letter you will find the time slot your child has been allotted to get individual pictures taken. If you do not want individual pictures; please arrive no later than 7:45 pm for the GROUP PICTURE as we want all First Communicants present for this photograph (you will not be obligated to buy a group picture even though your child will be in it).
● Please remember to dress your child appropriately for this blessed occasion:
Girls: White dress (knee length or longer); veil optional; No spaghetti straps or strapless dresses unless worn with sweater or cover-up; No athletic shoes or flip flops. Gloves may not be worn to receive the Eucharist.
Boys: Navy, black, or khaki trousers; white, blue or other light solid colored shirt with a collar; tie; jacket optional; No athletic shoes
● Once the professional photographs are delivered to the Parish Administration Office, a notice
of their availability for pick-up will be placed in the bulletin, as well as emails sent home.
First Communion Weekend: April 30th – May 1st
● It is Fr. John’s hope that First Communicants will be present at EVERY Mass during the weekend of April 30th- May 1st (Saturday 4PM, Sunday 8AM, 10:30AM, 12:30PM, and 5PM). We encourage you to attend the Mass you normally attend during the year. Mass sign-up will be done at the retreat.
●During each Mass the First Communicants will:
1. Get to process in with the priest
2. Have special seating in front along with their families
3. Get to receive the Eucharist first
4. Have an opportunity to crown Mary for May Crowning
5. Be recognized at a reception following Mass
●Further information concerning the Masses (during First Communion Weekend) will be discussed at the retreat and after group pictures.
If you have any concerns or questions, please don’t hesitate to call or email the Faith Formation Office.