Dear Middle School Parents,
This weekend we celebrated the beginning of the Church Year with the first weekend of Advent. We began our Monday morning with a prayer service and blessing of our classroom Advent wreaths. During the Advent season we remember the waiting time and all those who waited for the coming of the Messiah. We wait in hope, peace, joy, and love.
**CAR LINE NOTE: If your student is in beginning band, please try to come to the afternoon pick up line at 3:30 or 3:35 so the other parents can get in and out of the line more efficiently.
**ALL PARENTS: When picking up in the afternoon line if you see cars parked at the beginning of the line, they are waiting on band students to come out at 3:30. Please just pull out of the line at the driveway entrance to exit the line so you don’t get “stuck” behind the waiting cars.
** HS & MS PICK UP: If you are picking up HS and MS students in the MS line, please wait until 3:30 or 3:35 to get in line so you are not blocking parents who are trying to exit. Please share this with any grandparents or babysitters who pick up for you.
I wanted to share a few reminders with you as we enter these next three busy weeks.
- Wed., Dec. 2nd our student council will go shopping for Angel Tree recipients. Jeans day money is used to purchase these gifts. Sc needs to bring lunch money for McDonalds.
- This week and next week our middle school students will be attending reconciliation services in the chapel in preparation of Christmas.
- Our MS students and Mrs. Teeling are diligently working on the Christmas Play and Band Concert set for Thursday, Dec. 10th at 6:30 in the parish hall. Please remind your 6th grader to rehearse their lines at home.
- Advanced band students will represent SJS in the Conway Christmas Parade on Saturday, Dec. 12. Please remind your band student to bring their music home and practice, practice, practice. They must memorize the music since there will be no lights for them to see their paper that night!
- Student Council is also working to collect socks, mittens/gloves, & toboggans (hats) for the “Last Chance Ministries” homeless shelter here in Conway. This runs until Dec. 11th and we THANK YOU to all who have already donated items!! They are beautiful under our purple Jesse Tree here in the hallway.
- Tuesday, Dec. 8th is Feast of the Immaculate Conception and we will have Mass on this day instead of Wed. We will dismiss at 2:50 BOTH Tues. & Wed. next week.
- Dec. 8th: No beginning band practice next Tues. due to early dismissal, Chess will start at 3:00, and Science Club will meet from 3:00-3:45
- Dec. 15-16 there will be no Chess or Science Club
- Thursday, Dec. 17th will be class Christmas Parties 2:20-3:20. Party planners remember this is a celebration of Christ’s birthday so please plan your theme accordingly.
- Friday, Dec. 18th our MS will go Christmas Caroling at Salem Place Nursing Center. Students may wear Santa hats and accessories with their jeans and Christmas shirts or bulldog shirts. Dismissal at 1:00.
Continue to check event updates on the school app and web calendar. Wishing all of you a blessed Advent & Christmas season!