Dear High School Band Parents:
I have received the information for the Region IX All Region Tryou
I was able to secure the bus to transport students this year. We will load the bus at 7:15 am at the Middle School.
Students should bring their instruments, all necessary equipment (reeds, cork grease, valve oil, drum sticks, etc.), and tryout music. They may bring money for concessions and their phones or mp3 players with headphones, or a device or book to read for after their tryout time. There is a great deal of waiting so I recommend bringing something to do. Students are responsible for all their equipment and personal items and should not leave them laying around unattended while at the tryouts.
The tryouts will be at Russellville Junior High School. They will start at 10 am and go throughout the day. Specific tryout times will be given on the tryout day.
The music selections for the tryout will be posted at 9:30 am outside the tryout room for each students particular instrument.
Tryouts will most likely last until around 3 pm. (It depends on how many students register to tryout and how long it takes to score sheets.) We should return to the school at approximately 4 pm. Because the end of tryouts is hard to predict we may return sooner than 4 or be a little later than 4. I will send text message updates via the Band's REMIND account if we are running early or late. If you have not already done so, please sign up to receive REMIND updates from the band:
Important Reminders for students:
1. Make sure you bring your music! Mrs. Teeling WILL NOT have music available for you. You must bring your packet which was given to you earlier in the year or the book you purchased for tryouts.
2. There will be a concession stand available for students. If you would like to get something to eat or drink, be sure to bring money for the concession stand. We will be at the tryout from 8 am until around 3. I highly suggest bringing some money to get something to eat.
3. Students should not talk in the tryout rooms for any reason.
4. No playing or loud talking is allowed in the halls while tryouts are going on.
5. Scales must be memorized. You will not be allowed to take any music with you into the Scales/Sightreading Room.
6. Leave all items in the rooms exactly as you found them. Do not leave any personal items in the room.
7. You must confirm your player number and get your card from the door monitor before you go in to tryout.
8. Be sure you respect all Russellville
9. Keep track of your instrument and all personal items. Remember that we are in public. Instruments and devices can disappear. If your instrument or device disappears it is extremely unlikely it will be found or returned!
10. If you have any questions please be sure to ask me before tryout day.
Students have had their packets of music for the tryouts since August. If they have lost their music please let me know and I will try to get them another copy of the tryout materials.
All High School band students are expected to participate in All Region Tryouts. If for any reason your child will not be attending please let me know as soon as possible.
If you have any questions please be sure to ask. Thank you for all of your help and support with the band program here at St Joseph School!